How Can We Help?
Natural Fibers & Fabrics
Keen to know more about our range of natural fabrics and their fibers? Look no further!
Here is a post that helps you understand more about Natural Fabrics, written by one of our fans. 🙂
Here’s a well referenced list of many facts about Hemp, including comparison to cotton, and environmental benefits; Hemp Facts.
On the clothing front, here are Nine features and benefits of Hemp clothing;
- IT LASTS LONGER – Hemp fibres are 3 times stronger than cotton and 25 times more durable.
- IT IS COOLER IN SUMMER AND WARMER IN WINTER – Hemp provides excellent ‘climate control’ for the wearer with the hollow fibre acting as an insulator, keeping them cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
- IT IS SOFT AND COMFORTABLE – Hemp softens with wearing and washing, without losing its strength. This means that the more it is worn and washed, it becomes even more comfortable. You can expect to wear out before your shirt does.
- IT IS EASY CARE – Hemp fibre also has a ‘springiness’ or ‘memory’ so that creasing is less than other natural fibres and gets less as the garment is used.
- IT HOLDS IT’S SHAPE -Hemp’s superior strength and durability means garments still look good long after their first wear.
- IT IS HEALTHIER – Hemp fibre shape also means that it has improved absorbency and ‘breathability’. Hemp is naturally resistant to mildew, bacteria, and insects.
- IT HAS IN-BUILT UV PROTECTION – Hemp offers greater UV protection, blocking up to 95% of the sun’s harmful rays.
- IT GIVES STUNNING PRINT RESOLUTION – Hemp has proven it can hold the finest detail when printed, and also gives great results with embroidered designs.
- IT IS BETTER FOR OUR PLANET – Hemp is grown chemical free, enriches its soil, saves water and produces 2 – 4 times more fibre per area than other sources.
Bamboo is a bit of an odd one on the sustainability landscape!
While Bamboo is better than it’s Rayon counter parts and a step in the right direction, it’s not as soft and cuddly as the name implies!
If you haven’t already read up about Bamboo, here’s a great article to get you started: Sustainable Textiles Spotlight: The Truth Behind Bamboo Fabric.
Tencel gets that beautiful soft Bamboo finish, but without the bad parts of the chemical process!
Here is a good article on Tencel: What is Tencel?